Monday, September 24, 2012

32 Goals Wrap-Up

Times up on the 32 goals! Completed goals are in purple. Those with progress made are in red. Here’s how I finished:

My 32nd Year Goals
1. Save $1000 – I have the $. I just need to go and open a savings account.
2. Donate blood – Got my donor card in the mail the other day.
3. Read the entire Bible – Didn’t happen. Definitely on the next list.
4. Weigh 150 lbs. – LOL
5. Dress more girly – I think I am doing this. Most days I’m even wearing a little mascara & eyeliner.
6. Finish my bedroom – Didn’t happen. But I’ve written a list of things needed to be done to complete this.
7. Finish Oh! Shoot class – Nope
8. Finish Portraits class -  Nope
9. Visit a new state – Nope, though we did entertain the idea of going to Delaware…until we found that there is not much to really do in Delaware.
10. Make a pumpkin pie – Sure did!
11. Take 10,000 pictures –  I don’t have all my pictures upload from the camera. But I think I got close to 3/4 done.
12. Learn song on my guitar – Guitar string still broke : (
13. Fix supper 2x a week – I’ve been doing some cooking here lately. Made some pork chops last week and Chicken Parmesan tonight.  Did up the chicken for chicken enchiladas later in the week.  Progress, people : )
14. Finish Emmy’s 2nd year book – Done
15. Do Daily December book – Got plans together for this year’s book.
16. Start Project Life – Done!
17. Read 20 books – Almost finished with The Hobbit. It’s been a much easier read than the LOTR.

  1. I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp (which I read completely on my birthday)
  2. Middle School Ministry Made Easy (for school)
  3. Courageous
  4. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  5. 7 Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley (for school)
  6. The Castle in the Attic (read w/ my 4th graders)
  7. The Hunger Games
  8. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  9. Among the Hidden (read w/ my 4th graders)
  10. The Help
  11. The Search Committee
  12. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  13. The Lucky One
  14. The Vow
  15. Among the Hidden (read w/ my 4th graders)
  16. Catching Fire
  17. Jane Eyre
  18. Mockingjay
  19. Stand By Me (a House of Hope book)
  20. That’s Why I’m Here by Chris Spielman
  21. The Last Song
  22. Safe Haven
  23. Roadside Assistance
  24. Among the Imposters (to read w/ my 4th graders this year)
  25. A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning (1 of the kids said I had to try it.)
  26. Mrs. Kennedy and Me
18. Watch 20 movies – Done!
  1. The Grace Card
  2. Madea’s Big Happy Family
  3. Little Fockers
  4. 12 Dates of Christmas
  5. Something Borrowed
  6. Flypaper
  7. Water for Elephants
  8. Courageous
  9. Miracle of the Cards
  10. Crazy Stupid Love
  11. Breaking Dawn
  12. Abduction
  13. The Smurfs
  14. National Treasure: Book of Secrets
  15. She’s the Man
  16. Alice in Wonderland
  17. The Hangover
  18. In Time
  19. Hunger Games
  20. The Help
  21. The Way
  22. Footloose (2011 version)
  23. The Muppets
  24. Like Crazy
  25. A Warrior’s Heart
  26. Jane Eyre
  27. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
  28. The Vow
  29. Footloose (the Kevin Bacon version)
  30. Soul Surfer
  31. Good Deeds
  32. New Year’s Eve
  33. The Lucky One
  34. Mirror, Mirror
  35. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
19. Complete 5/K – Going to start training
20. Try 12 new recipes – Done!
  1. Loaded Baked Potato Soup
  2. Homemade bread – failed
  3. Apple Pie
  4. Pumpkin Pie
  5. Pumpkin Fudge – failed
  6. Buckeyes
  7. Homemade Pop Tarts – for Christmas Eve brunch
  8. Green Monster Spinach Smoothie (it actually is not as bad as it sounds)
  9. Hawaiian Sweet Roll Ham Sandwiches – for the Super Bowl
  10. Mexicorn Dip – for the Super Bowl
  11. Wendy’s Chili – tasted just like Wendy’s chili
  12. Corn & Potato Chowder – it was ok. I guess I’m not a chowder girl.
  13. Crockpot Pork Chops
  14. Chicken Parmesan
21. Daily prayer time – Got my prayer book ready
22. Go camping – Went camping with the Fords at Dillon a couple weekends ago. We had a great time!
23. Make an apple pie – Got apples to make another one with Emmy this weekend…yum!
24. Sew a skirt – got the material to make a few, actually.
25. Build craft armoire
26. Make 10 crafty things – Ok, so I had to stretch to make this goal complete. In my defense, 32 was an extremely busy year for me.  A new job. Grad school was tough, especially five classes squeezed into 14 weeks this summer…I still can’t believe I survived that!
  1. Christmas quilt for Maggie
  2. Christmas quilt for Cooper
  3. Christmas quilt for Emmy
  4. Baby blanket for Peyton
  5. Pigeon T-shirt for Emmy’s birthday
  6. Glitter Christmas ornaments
  7. Quilt top (that’s counting, ok…don’t judge me)
  8. Emmy’s 2nd year book (yep, I’m counting it on this list twice)
  9. Ohio State-M*ch*gan book 2.0
  10. Made a card for Scott for Father’s Day (so counts…I had to upload the picture)
  11. Mini Moo Cards
27. Do 10 things I’ve never done before – What I’ve found I love about this goal is when my sister reminds me that something could be added to this list. It makes me happy that she helps me with this.
  1. Be a gym teacher & music teacher (I filled in a class each)
  2. Cooked pumpkins and then froze the meat.
  3. Went to a midnight movie premiere…The Hunger Games with Nick & the Schaumleffels.
  4. Hair professionally colored.
  5. Climbed a lighthouse.
  6. Gave blood (so counts for 2 goals!)
  7. Went and saw Danette finish Pelotonia ‘12
  8. Purchased season ticket for high school football (brother is playing)
  9. Ate at Tlaquepaque.
  10. Ate asparagus that I planted myself the year before.
  11. Cut nearly 10” of hair off and donated it to Pantene’s wig program.
28. Mani &/or pedi – nope : (
29. Start living room makeover – Painted the walls is as far as I got. But I’ve totally written down a plan to get this done.
30. Be intentional with my time – This I think I’ve done better with.  I think my overwhelming summer helped me see how important time is.
31. Clean/organize the basement – Bean got a little bit done. Hoping we can work together and get this done.
32. Clean out the garage – haven’t done anything since it was discussed.
I completed 14 and made some progress on 7 others. I’m happy with it. I think that was great for the crazy busy year I ended up having. And look at the book list…what I did there was not easy. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was difficult and then I also read Jane Eyre. Bonus points?  Those that didn’t get done have been moved over to my new list. And I’m so excited about sharing my next set of goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment